Thursday, February 17, 2005

just finished my response paper which was on circumstances which can serve as catalyst to electoral reform... aaargh. dunno what to write so had a whole hypothetical argument... oh well. dun care. i finally finished it and i just sent it. =P
tou lan today and went off work early and went to the Georgetown library to look for books that can potentially be useful for my own research. have to come up with some statement by next week and i have no idea what i want to work on. i have these really vague ideas and that's about it. so i borrowed this good reference book on international aid and another book on NGOs and rural poverty alleviation. well. hope they wun be just sitting on the floor collecting dust the next few weeks.... quite happy i figured out how to get to Georgetown... there's a free shuttle so quite happy. went to a dentist here for the first time on Monday cos my wisdom tooth was a little achey and it got me all paranoid. and the slow me realized that Metlife subsidizes 100% of ur normal visits (max 2) and technically we can go for 2 free check-ups per year! quite funny, after my checkup i got a 'goodie' bag with a free toothbush, tiny tube of toothpaste and like some dental floss. and i dun need to extract my teeth for the time being, unless it really bothers me... phew. was having horrifying thoughts of having to go for surgery and then starving for days after, with swollen mouth etc....
anyone wants to do com service in rural village in China with me? but then again, according to the contact person, u only get 'towel baths' and i am actually rather grossed up imagining how bad i would smell if i dun bathe for 2 weeks.... maybe i will chicken out and decide not to do it in the end....

No comments: