Thursday, December 08, 2005

i think it takes some skill to be a good GSI and my 142 GSI is pretty cool-- cos he really tries to be 'fair' to be everyone.. he ensures that everyone who turns up gets to ask his/her question and lets ppl take turns... and what made me pretty impressed was that he could read my cues.. like he could tell when i didn't seem to understand and then double-checked to make sure i did... =P (not just this time round; at previous office hours too...) oh well, unless whenever i am confused it's so obvious that he picks it up straight away? haha. alright, back to studying for midterm in evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you have a good tutor! (If that's what a GSI is) I'm lucky too - all three of my tutors are good at calling on people who have something to say. All I need to do is raise my pen slightly, their eyes will flick towards me, then they wait for whoever's talking to finish before calling on me. If someone else cuts in during my turn, they'll wait till THAT person finishes before pointing to me. It's nice! Also, good luck for your busy week!

Mints. said...

Hey YJ, it's great to hear from you! =)yup, GSIs are graduate student instructors... it's nice to hear that your tutors are so sensitive too =P
yes, today's gonna be the sleepless night, cos i have to churn out 30 pgs of stuff all by 330pm tmr...i have like erm 5 pages as of now? 1 final paper and 1 prospectus (which i really feel like giving up on..... but will try hard not to.. i'll see how it goes)