Saturday, February 11, 2006

the little guy

ppl who read my blog last sem would probably hav read about Kai and one or two CHAI kids... so today a new little guy entered my life... and totally swept me away =P it was the first time working alone (for the most part) with little N (for client confidentiality we aren't really allowed to disclose names) and he's so affectionate it makes me want to melt... little N was shy initially but after a slightly painful game (for me!!!) of pulling and releasing the rubber band on my wrist he kinda decided... ok this person doesn't seem that scary after all... and should be reliable and can cosy up to her... and so from time to time after playing for a lil bit he will just come up to me and just like totally fall into my arms... CONTRARY to what many ppl have been telling me (those who joke accuse me of being a paedophile; others say i have maternal instincts) I think it's just a very natural human instinct to want to reciprocate such a pure/innocent desire to want to feel loved (on the part of the kid) with affection.
well sad to say this, but i think him being so cute intensifies this instinct.... (i dunno who told me this, unfortunate as it may sound, apparently studies have shown that babies do have higher tendency to cry or something when they see an uglier face) but even though we are somewhat predisposed to liking ppl who look better, it is so so impt to always bear in mind that it's getting to know a person's character that really counts... that behind each and every ugly or pretty face it's a person with feelings.... makes me think about pets too; and an old SPCA poster that used to to hang on my side of the bedroom wall- it pictured an extremely cute terrier, with a caption which went something like... To you he's just a pet, but to him you're the world.... i just hope for the sake of all these living creatures that their owners are aware of the fact that they are dealing with precious lives here, not just thingies they can just discard and cast aside when they are bored with them.... alright sorry for sounding so preachy but i mean these are really important things in life what. hmm. and i have digressed quite a bit from original topic. =P

No comments: