Friday, March 31, 2006

hair woes

yes-- still cannot get over recent haircut and so will blog about all my bad haircut experiences... hehe. i mean this one isn't that bad... but it really could have been better... =P

sad to say, my thick black hair seems to be some kinda nemesis for most hairdressers.... usually, as soon as i sit down, hairdresser will go.... "you're hair's very thick" (sigh, i also know, but what can i really do about it? unfortunately no one really realizes how detrimental such comments can be for my tiny, easily-bruised ego) plus, as soon as they get their hands on my hair, they'll usually shred.... and shred..... and shred.... till i become concerned and say, "erm... i dun think i want it too short here.. it will stick out..." but my concerns usually dun hav much weight and at the end of it all i'll usually feel like i have no hair.. =( second most common thing they will say is... your hair's kinda wavy.... do you want to straighten it? (actually sometimes i do, but then... i really prefer my natural curls to those potentially hideous straight long locks and so sadly for the hairdressers, they dun get to earn my money)... that day and one other time, hairdresser said to me.... "i think your hair is too black, do you want some highlights?" erm but how can hair be "too black"... black is just black what. hmph. =(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah, don't forget that those hairdressers have a vested interest hor! I'm sure that even if a supermodel went to a slimming centre, the people who worked there would tell her that she was too fat.

Mints. said...

hehe. i know. which is why i'm not all that upset with ppl saying that hair is wavy or black. but i mean hav to admit it's thick lah. =P