Friday, May 12, 2006

i will really miss my cool school... we had 2003 Nobel Peace Prize Winner Shirin Ebadi drop by yesterday afternoon, and also just sat in a discussion with famous war photographer James Nachtwey earlier this evening... when will i have the privilege of listening to distinguished and inspiring individuals at my doorstep ever again? :( also had a free IAS sponsored lunch with my thesis professor and class, and people seem to be going on to all sorts of cool interesting things/jobs. i just find it very inspiring that more than half the class is going to do something related to international development... these high-flyers in my thesis class actually made me feel somewhat depressed for one afternoon, but fortunately i didn't remain very upset for too long. i guess instead of somewhat envying what exciting lives ppl are going to be leading, i should just make the best of what's laid out in front of me... and making the best of that can be rewarding too. also found out that my thesis prof actually thinks that Singapore has the best food, generally, anywhere. i felt a very odd sense of joy, despite having totally under-explored all the food places back home! well, i guess that's one thing on my agenda when i return....

No comments: