Sunday, November 05, 2006

i was the sorry victim of my dept d and d's activities last night. there were many saboed victims, but thought mine was especially traumatic. and rather inappropriate for a dept annual dinner... SO... towards the end of the dinner, when i was about to leave, i was called on stage as a substitute for my colleague (who left shortly beforehand) for some 'beauty pageant' whereby contestants were supposed to replicate on stage somewhat suggestive moves initiated by the emcee... and the female 'contestants' had to end off with "Am I hot?"... so poor me was standing on stage, almost wanting to puke/faint watching the emcee demonstrating all this... and the worse thing was... every contestant's lil performance was captured on video.... of course i couldn't bear to do most of the things we were told to, but had to entertain a little just to be sporting... but thought it was a most inconsiderate item for a d and d dinner... if it's prom night or something i can stomach it, but d and d??? unless i'm just being particularly sore having been victimized... i think if anyone who knows me well were present, he/she would have totally cracked up. and of course, sympathized loads with my plight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear! wouldn't want to be in your shoes. hope the ordeal didn't last too long and scare you away from future D&Ds. one time my colleague got saboed, but once the emcee called her name, she immediately walked out of the ballroom and into the toilet. that's one way to get out, but then you risk colleagues saying that you're not game enough.
- rpd

Leann said...

you poor girl,I know how you feel.when I stand up to speak to people like in school or at things where alot of people are my brain sets down.so I know how you felt.

Mints. said...

hai... once bitten twice shy!!!