Thursday, January 25, 2007

one week ago I complained about feeling somewhat 'cursed' at work; this uncanny 'curse' has not been lifted and things are only getting worse! Just a few weeks ago I was wondering why i haven't exactly been given much responsibilities; today i feel overloaded! a couple of not entirely work-related type thingies have also been finding their way into my overflowing inbox these past two days... generally, my mailbox has been and is still so full that I dont even bother saving things i send out :( hehe, perhaps also need to do more housekeeping on my part; but find it hard to find time to! then end up archiving all the old mails (some unread) work life is however getting a little more exciting and varied, despite the unavoidable 'busyness'... have to learn how not to let work overtake my life!!! on a different note, 2.5 months later i'm finally 700 pages into Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina... aaah. 100 pages more to go. at this rate, i can only read like 4 thick books a year :( so pathetic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh, not bad. i bought the book 3 years ago, didn't open it until i got back to singapore and have only got through 100 pages. the story's quite juicy, just that the russian names get me all confused as to who is who. and everytime i pick up from where i left off earlier, i forget all the names again. hehe. :)
- rpd

Mints. said...

Yeah actually I have the same problem. cos i haven't been reading this continuously the past 2.5 months and sometimes I forget the names too :P but at times i'm just like whatever... remb the more impt ppl can already hehe. Though it's rather tedious, I like this book cos my copy is such an excellent translation of the Russian text.. also find it amazing that there are some emotions/situations so universal that I actually find myself empathizing with members of Russian society! There are quite a few places with quotable lines... which I 'tag', cos I know I am unlikely to reread this again :P