Saturday, May 05, 2007

Flowers!

I somehow manage to take pics of flowers on every trip; and this trip is no exception :)

Cheery sunflowers in bloom... You prob wun be able to guess where I took this pic -- Changi Airport Terminal 2! I didnt know they had a neat sunflower garden tucked away in one corner...

This picture's a little blur -- but I think you can still see the animal. Well, we were on our way to Ben Tre Province to take our boat ride and stopped on the way for a toilet break. This toilet strangely had many pretty orchid-like flowers outside... While we were happily snapping away, my tour guide plucked one flower and started, to my horror, peeling away the petals and stigma... But before I knew it, he had transformed the flower (shown below) into a cute white rabbit! I instantly fell in love with this flower-rabbit... hai. if someone made it just for me I'll be happy for a few hours... :P

The original flower. Dunno what kinda flower this is, but it's probably an orchid? So pretty... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The light-purple/blue flower shown in the last photo is not an orchid. It belongs to Thunbergia grandiflora (Trumpet Vine).

As its common name suggests, this is a climber, & its large flowers attracts carpenter bees.

The plant is quite commonly found in S'pore as well.

More info: http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1968/index.html