Wednesday, June 06, 2007

11 months into work, I think I finally feel like I'm finally 'one of them'. I mean, I guess I have been on good terms with all my colleagues all this while, but only recently did I feel like I'm actually starting to know them well enough to be a little 'bad' to some of them ;) Or like do naughty things... tease ppl etc. Not sure how this happened though, but I'm really happy it did. Have also taken to tou1 lan2ing in other ppl's workstations sometimes ;) Work-wise, I am also starting to take things in my stride-- even when I do things wrongly, not as well as I would have wanted to (getting upset as a result) I've learnt how to control emotions better... And for better and for worse, I've recently become a little more gungho in making my opinions known.. just a little bit. But when I get a little outspoken, I get amusing comments like...."wah, cannot tell Shi Min is like that...." Yeah lah, I know I look very meek. :P

3 days countdown to my trip to Krabi! No one believes me that I dun have a swimsuit, esp cos swimming/snorkelling is pretty much what you can do there... Hai. Shall attempt to dig up my 5-yr-old swimsuit and hope I still fit (too late to jian fei), else I'll really end up alone on the beach while the other two are somewhere in the middle of the ocean marvelling at sea creatures... :(

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey... go snorkelling if you can. you won't be disappointed! :) it's not that hard and if you have a life vest, it's actually very easy. can get addicted to floating on the top of the water and getting a bird's eye view of the fishies. :) -rpd

Mints. said...

I think I would love to try that. But I'm a REALLY lousy swimmer (haven't touched water for what, 4 years?) plus Dad is getting seriously paranoid about me being washed away by huge waves at sea, given the recent uncanny series of drowning incidents in sg. Now am caught btwn trying out something new and appeasing worried parents. Sigh. Might have to leave that for next time and catch up on some reading instead. ahh.. waste money:(

Anonymous said...

Heh, it's usually not possible to snorkel in strong waves anyway. Generally you'll be in a calm bay near the shore. Krabi leh, isn't that where they filmed the Beach or something?

Just make sure you play it safe, don't be hero, always know where the shore or boat is, and have a buddy at all times. :-)

Mints. said...

Yeah Krabi was indeed where they filmed the Beach ;) But i think ever since it has gotten increasingly touristy... so not sure how pretty it is now. Plus it's rainy season now actually...

hmm I suppose i'll be mindful of safety. Maybe i'll end up doing something totally diff and which doesn't involve water... :) Have done zero planning as at now!

Anonymous said...

don't need to plan for krabi. just nuaaaaaaaaaa....
-rpd

Mints. said...

that sounds good :)