Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Krabi (1)

Had tremendous sunlight overdose the past 3 days or so and was unsparingly bitten by omnipresent mosquitoes. But... Krabi was fun! i guess cos we had unexpectedly good weather, not-so-many fellow tourists and good company. Though beaches were a little overhyped, I still enjoyed driving/kayaking/speedboating through the many many limestone cliffs/islands all over Krabi. Such amazing works of nature :) I was rather upset at having forgotten to bring along my specs for the trip, but it somehow made me more used to my daily disposables, so i suppose it was a blessing in disguise. This trip will also bring back yummy memories of sweet thai pineapples, close encounters with daring monkeys and... my virgin attempt to snorkel :P

Haven't taken many pictures with myself in them in a while. still trying to exchange trip photos with friends, so in the meantime will blog with "non-ppl" pics. First, beach photos... Though I visited several beaches, you realize after a while that your pictures all start to look the same.....

The famous Maya Bay at Ko Phi Phi Ley, where The Beach was filmed. It was one of the nicer beaches, cos the sand was really quite fine and pristine here. You could even sit in the shade beneath the limestone cliffs on shore.
Beach at bamboo island. Only after taking this pic did I realize that I might have inadvertently intruded on a Caucasian couple... they weren't kissing, but up to your imagination what they were doing.
Another picture at Bamboo Island. The waters were really clear here...
Ao Nang beach, about 5 min walk away from the resort where we stayed at.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's really lovely! Was the sea really that blue and clear? Glad u enjoyed yourself, and with a sea like that, how to resist?! :-)

Mints. said...

Yup, some parts were REALLY clear. As for 'blue'... I think that's more subjective :P depending on conditions under which pics were taken... not sure if taking pics under strong sunlight added to 'blueness' of water.:)