Saturday, March 08, 2008

Was flipping through a Feb issue of The Economist on the way to gym this morning when I came across this article on Lakshmi Mittal (who owns the world's largest steel firm) And something towards the end caught my eye-- ArcelorMittal's new company motto "Boldness changes everything" I couldn't agree more... Frequently things dun happen 'cos we dun dare to do it? I mean, we'll worry... This thing could happen; that nasty situation is likely to come up; this is too difficult... and so we just dun have the courage to take that first step.... And we never find out 'cos we dun even try. I think I'm also guilty of it, but I hope to be more 'gutsy' with time :) since there might be more to lose if I give up something without even trying. But of course, need to couple guts with some brains lah. Else also no use :P

And just to clarify.... though my March motto is "Just get it over and done with", I actually dun think it's a very good motto to live by :P 'Cos it doesn't inspire one to put in his/her best at all and promotes shoddiness. Hai, but I guess sometimes one has to give and take a bit; and for the eeky things in life, I shall use this as a reminder that better days ought lie ahead :) And so, my new blog description shall read "Boldness changes everything", till I find something even more inspiring!

No comments: