Saturday, August 02, 2008

Holiday Holiday!

So far I've surprised even myself with my last min impromptu holidays... :) And so in "just-do-it" fashion, I just booked a super short getaway to Siem Reap, Cambodia for later this month... Discovery of unexpected window of opportunity came on Monday (upon finding out that some official thing I was supposed to staff that week had been cancelled) and it immediately got me itching for another holiday hehe. Though mum had kindly agreed to be my travel companion this time round, always feel like I end up imposing on her when potential travel buddies can't accompany me... Hmm i suppose it's also cos I popped question to ppl out of the blue ha. In spite of my distaste for huge crowds, still decided to go to NATAS fair this morning to hunt down good travel deals in kiasu Singaporean fashion... :P Though had to pay admission fee of $3, I actually left exhibition with net gain of $4.5 'cos I koped a copy of the latest edition of Asian Geographic on India (Not that I am usually so cheapo, but I was pleased 'cos on way to EXPO I had originally intended to buy the mag for own reading pleasure) Didn't end up booking anything there, but the Incredible India! and Yokoso! Japan booths made me very tempted to squeeze in smthg else late this year... I suppose I'll see how it goes :)

Need to adopt "just-do-it" mentality more to other aspects of life.. :(

No comments: