Monday, August 25, 2008

Siem Reap (1) - Borei Angkor

I liked Siem Reap very much... The homely (but tastefully decorated) hotel I stayed in certainly contributed quite a bit. It was also the off-peak season (plus the most basic rooms were undergoing upgrading) so we got a free upgrade to their 'landmark' room, which was lovely and comfortable. Interestingly, there was always this light whiff of lemon scent in the lobby...

The lovely lovely outdoor dining area. I suddenly realised how beautiful dark wooden chairs with white cushions look. I think the lush greenery also contributed to the nice atmosphere. If i ever own a house with a nice big balcony/backyard of sorts, I'm so going to do something like that :P Perfect for reading/taking a leisurely breakfast...

After breakfast the first morning, I hung around the pool and discovered some fallen frangipani flowers on the ground (there was a frangipani tree by the pool) ... Don't they make such good props?

Another frangipani flower I picked up... It was great that the hotel was like so under-occupied, so it did feel like the whole place was mine to roam around... Such a refreshing change from the overcrowded sg hehe.

A swing by the pool! Isn't the structure cute? :)

Floating lotus flowers in main lobby, with petals all nicely folded...

The door linking outdoor dining areas to the hotel restaurant...

Another dining porch of sorts...

More lotus flowers! The whole place just felt so peaceful and nice... I'm already missing it despite having stayed there for merely two nights :P

No comments: