Thursday, September 11, 2008

The geeky look is in vogue...

I recently collected my new pair of thick-rimmed plastico glasses! Sis says that I now look older, though shape of lenses isn't that different from existing one. Ever since my first pair of slightly thicker rimmed glasses a few years back, I kinda started liking the way thicker rimmed glasses look. And they make me feel learned and cool haha. So from then on subsequent spectacle rims just got increasingly thicker... I think i've almost reached the limit though. Any thicker nobody will be able to spot my eyes :P Coincidentally, the black thick-rimmed/ huge lenses look is supposedly very 'IN' now... And some even go to extent of making degree-less specs (dun recall the correct term to use) just to stand out. Ahh, feels good to know that I've always been 'in'.... :P

p/s: actually i haven't officiated them 'cos wearing plastic frame takes some getting used to. Glasses have to be very much closer to eyes. I've been trying to observe types of specs ppl wear and how plastic glasses suit different ppl. Good thing that there's quite a good sample of ppl with plastico glasses. Strange thing is, seems like not everyone has to wear very close to face... It's unfair that some guys with higher and more pronounced nose bridge can support glasses nicely without them slipping down and coming too close to face (disregarding level of nose oiliness). Also seems like level of incline btwn nose bridge and ear affects how low your specs can go before you get the lao3 hua1 kind of look.... Oh well, these are just some prelim findings... the subtle observation of unknowing MRT subjects remains ongoing :)

No comments: