Wednesday, September 17, 2008

On 2-week course!

Today is Day 3 of my 2-week course at CSC and though it's been pretty interesting it's also rather tiring! 7 more days of full-time lectures, active participation (technically i cannot complain since i am like one of most passive) and absorbing new information! Well, I suppose it is a good opportunity to actually meet and interact with public sector officers from different ministries/ stat boards... But after a while, it becomes a tiny chore. Like too much new external stimuli for the like-to-be-AS me... I mean, class is also deviously designed to encourage interaction among participants, so want to be unsocial also a bit the difficult. I suppose have to admit though that most of them seem like decent ppl, aside from a handful of questionable (but cannot conclude yet that i confirm dun like) cases. There are at least 40 participants and I wonder if i'll manage to get everyone's names by end of course... And the thing is, when you meet someone you haven't spoken to (either at tea, lunch, organised outing etc) the conversation starter is almost always, oh so where are you from? What do you do? Feel a bit like broken tape recorder already... Maybe from tmr onwards I should just be unconventional and ask ppl, so what do you do in your free time? It's like, why am I so conditionedly treating every participant as merely a rep from his/her respective workplace...

No comments: