Tuesday, November 04, 2008

had lunch with "long-lost" tennis coach today and am now somewhat psyched up to take up lessons again :) maybe I am just very imaginative and unrealistic, but somehow during lunch I was half picturing myself playing tennis decently some years down the road... And it was a pretty cool thought. Coach highlighted/ reminded me that it's quite possible for anyone to pick up tennis (I give him benefit of doubt that his comment was not corrupted by specks of moral hazard-ness ;P); it's more a matter of how much time and effort one wants to put into it to become good at it. The nice little chat about tennis led me to think about life in general. I suppose as with many things in life, if one is passionate enough about something, willing to put in effort and not impatient to just skip all the necessary steps to desired outcome, he/she would likely enjoy the sweet and hard-earned fruits of success. Though I kinda know this, at times it's still easy to be lazy and wish that your dreams come true without any sweat. Perhaps it's just human to want instant gratification...

No comments: