Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas is round the corner...

During lunch we were just about to finish our bought-in lunches at the common table when Eunice walked in with two huge red plastic bags... She had purchased a Christmas tree from one of the HDB shops at a bargain price of $22! And it was a pretty tall tree for $22... While I was finishing up the last bits of my lunch, a very gancheong and excited Eunice began her little project of immediately assembling the tree...

The very inexperienced few of us were rather pathetic in the art of opening up a bunched up Christmas tree, but luckily as more of us returned from lunch ppl started to chip in to help with ERU's first christmas tree (according to Eunice, it's been a long 6 year wait. Though i wonder why had to wait so long... :P) And with the help of everyone, the tree was done up in half an hour! But then somehow the stand not very well built (discriminatorily a few of us joked that cos it was made in China) and so our tree is actually "seng-eh"...

The first thing we put on the tree was this cute furry little star, compliments of Leha. I mean, it isn't a beautiful kinda star, but with its girly eyelashes and red little embroidered mouth, I thought this soft toy star actually felt pretty endearing.

And ta-da! Here's the chapalang ERU Christmas tree... with everyone's random items hanging on it... including recycled decorations and stuff. Think we prob have the most budget-conscious tree around, but oh well, in the end it still looked somewhat decent... :)

Hehe, on a separate note, I am very proud of one of my self-wrapped prezzies. Yesterday I splurged some $20 buying ribbons... (sigh, on hindsight, can almost buy one big christmas tree already...) but I dunno, the lovely satinish ribbons just tugged at my heart and cried out, "Buy me!!!"... and so I gave in....

No comments: