Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bad days are meant to be blogged and eaten away...

This morning 'the colleague who calls me names' gave me a pack of half-eaten Marks & Spencer gingerbread men her daughter had rejected... I figured the little one didn't quite fancy the taste of ginger... Anyways, it was a lovely gesture on her part but a truly unfortunate fate for the cute gingerbread men, cos all 6 of them were gobbled up by a pek chek me by the end of the day. That's about 18 grams of fat ingested... Well, they happen to be butter gingerbread cookies.

I dunno if it's a very girl thing, but when I feel discouraged/ demoralised/ upset about something, then I just can't concentrate too well on other tasks for the rest of the day. Whereas some "unfeeling?? :P" ppl can be so emotionally unaffected and manage to clearly delineate work and feelings and be productive all the time. That's a cool skill I have yet to master. Sigh. And of course, their productivity's also not hampered by the cumbersome/distracting snacking of cookies throughout a stressful day.

Glad that it's the end of my bad day, but suspect tmr's not gonna be very much better. Nonetheless, I'm really thankful for lovely ppl around me/within sms-distance (haha) that have brightened up an otherwise even greyer day... :)

No comments: