Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I've been feeling somewhat depressed and sian over the endless stream of work, but at the same time am trying hard it doesn't get to me too much. Thankfully I'm not alone in thinking that workload isn't very sustainable. And luckily (or unluckily?) I have a lazy streak and somehow end up slacking over weekend despite having grand plans on Fri evenings to do a whole lot of work/ catch up over the weekend. And the lazy streak lulls me to bed by ard 1230 am every night. I seriously cannot imagine nor think it worthwhile pulling all nighters just to clear work. So I guess I've still managed to remain quite sane despite it all... just feel so tired and drained on weekday nights :( And the tiring day just repeats itself the next day. And the next day... and the next day... Until the weekend finally arrives.

4 comments:

courtney said...

know that you are not alone, friend. =) i, too, stay up later than i ought...sometimes b/c i feel like if i go to bed early, i feel even more owned by work. also take work home on weekends...but rarely attend to it unless it's critical. haven't been sensitive to cyclical nature of work schedule for awhile tho.. think it's b/c work feels so firedrill-like so often, w/ pressing deadlines..

Mints. said...

I'd glad I'm not alone... but we are not paid enough to work so hard! How about becoming my US partner in my florist venture haha. We'd have 4-day weeks and holidays every 2 months. Heh..

courtney said...

funny you should suggest that! the ongoing joke when i was in high school (for my sophomore year, anyway) was that when i became an adult, i wanted to operate my own florist... so i'm in! where will we operate? =)

Mints. said...

We can operate in places where ppl love flowers haha. States, Sg or in btwn... like Japan. I should be an apprentice in Japan... :P