Sunday, May 23, 2010

A rare, happening Saturday...

Yesterday was J's bachelorette party-- meticulously planned and executed by C. "Wild" day out was divided into 4 segments - Julie & Julia cooking class at Coriander Leaf in the morning, spa/pedi/mani pampering session at Aramsa, interesting dancing class in late afternoon, followed by chill-out DVD session at Jing's new place at night. Was extremely exhausted by the end of the day, but it was good fun :) Ok lah, this morning I still woke up feeling alright and planted the baby pumpkin plant I bought abt a month ago heh. I never knew those compacted squarish-looking dirt expanded to a potful of soil upon contact with water! It's like those vacuum-packed pillows that swell to 3, 4 times their size when opened...

Here's some pics from the French-cooking class. To be more accurate, it was a sit-and-watch-then-eat class. The food was delicious on the whole, but some dishes were overly salty. Though I'm now equipped with a set of really fancy recipes, not sure when I'd ever get down to making such dishes... Nonetheless, I picked up a few tips -- like I can totally make lobster bisque with prawns and nobody can tell the difference; and that the key ingredients in French cooking are wine, a lot of butter; and salt!

Really yummy & fresh nicoise salad


No comments: