Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I finished the Le Cordon Bleu book! I count it as a tiny accomplishment, because I've been pretty bad with completing any book the past half-year or so... For some reason attention span is pretty short now and end up book-surfing, with several half-read books lying forgotten in some corner of my room bleah.

Though I still find some parts pretty cliche, there were actually a few pretty entertaining/decent chapters somewhere in the middle of this book lah. But I think I'm pretty sure I won't want to be a real cook. Doubt that I'd really enjoy all that poultry boning, food-to-be murdering, getting guts out of fish etc. Nonetheless, this book and the lil baking projects I've embarked on recently made me feel like cooking/baking actually builds character and quick-wittedness. If anything, I've certainly felt like the ingredients prep stage/ baking process are good training for one's perseverance, patience, and 'crisis mgmt' skills. Heh the book also taught me how to curse in French... something I wld think in my head but prob wun say out loud when say, the only egg you have and need for your recipe rolls off table-top and commits suicide. Merde.

No comments: