Monday, October 18, 2010

I used to get somewhat upset when XX is grouchy and unapproachable; cos I for some weird reason held myself partly responsible for someone else's bad day... I think I'm beginning to get out of such nonsensical reasoning... in fact, felt slightly annoyed today when XX let her bad mood get in the way when we tried to ask her something. Sure, perhaps we disturbed her while she was trying to concentrate on something impt, but felt that it was slightly uncalled for and not too professional. But fine, I can accept it that ppl have bad days. It's a Mon after all, and I was also having problems keeping my eyes open the whole day...

I am trying to live by a new 'motto' - to never let anyone look down on me. I might not be very smart, worldly, successful & whatever, but the most impt thing is to try to live with integrity and kindness, be comfy and love myself for what I am and learn to count all my blessings... heh. Of course, this business about accepting yourself is just a general guideline, not an excuse to allow myself to do whatever... like eating 10 frozen yogurts a day. A person who eats 10 frozen yogurts a day can't be me...

2 comments:

courtney said...

sorry to hear you had a rough work day. i usually have hard time keeping eyes open during meetings that run too long (in excess of 1.5 hours) & i have little to contribute or they are discussing something ad nauseum).. since kittens have moved in, i return home for lunch to visit & feed them a snack..and that's def an uplift during the work day. you are not alone in need to try not to let others look down on you..

Mints. said...

awww, new kittens moved in? Is Nicholas (did i remb his name correctly) still around? Yeah, dun let ppl look down on us! ;)