Friday, January 21, 2011

Time-out Tanjong Pagar

Over lunch today, I decided to give myself a lil break from work and from my colleagues. I had my little me-outing to the Duxton hill area for lunch and some book-shopping - while everyone else headed to PS Cafe@Ann Siang Hill for expensive overpriced lunch. The plan was to go to this new bookstore Littered with Books at Duxton Rd after checking out a new crepe place in the same area... and maybe pop by Flor bakery and treat myself to a cake or some freshly baked cookies. However, I also stumbled upon a newly opened photography school two doors down from the crepe place, and climbed up some creaky steps to walk into a shophouse full of nice photos... What a nice little adventure!

However my lunchtime outing plan was a tad too ambitious. Turned out that I was stuck in Littered with books for a good half hour or so and ended up having no time for cake. The books at Littered with Books all look so pretty it I felt like buying every single title! There only seemed to be a couple of copies of each book so each book felt particularly unique and it made me feel like I was picking them off someone's home bookshelf, not a bookstore. I ended up buying a C. S. Lewis book and a cheem book by A.C. Grayling that is supposedly a good read and will hopefully inspire me to reflect about the meaning of life... ;) I am building up a stash of unread books in my already cluttered room bleah.

2 comments:

YJ said...

I think this is exactly the kind of lunch break that refreshes instead of stresses! :D

Mints. said...

:) Yeah, I like my area...there are many interesting places to check out if you have the time and mood to do so :P