Saturday, May 14, 2011

Living out your dreams...

This morning I happened to chance upon a short little video on picture books about the life of Jane Goodall, a chimpanzee expert/ ardent conservationist. The illustrations are wonderful! Somehow I found it touching when she spoke about how women had some innate qualities like empathy and intuition we can bring to the field of science. I just never thought of it that way. I got somewhat upset when folks at Cambridge told her chimpanzees should only be given numbers and not names...!

2 comments:

courtney said...

hi shi min! unrelated entirely to post- just wanted to say thank you again for the uber cute oven mit- i used it again this morning- for perhaps the 3-4x (impressive, i tell ya). i keep it on display in my kitchen. =)

Mints. said...

I'm happy that you've put it to good use! Sounds like it's cute and very functional! I've not used mine yet :(