Saturday, June 30, 2012

We tried two new restaurants today and came across a new 'gem' in our neighbourhood - the Indian Restaurant Zaffron Kitchen near Katong I12. The menu covers South/North Indian cuisine as well as some local Indian food. Their dishes were quite delicious and relatively reasonably-priced, and food was served pretty quickly too. That the place was done up relatively casually but tastefully also left a good impression on me. We had a seat near the entrance and the open kitchen, and so got to spy on the yummy stuff everyone else was eating ;P We seldom eat Indian food aside from roti prata, but I now have a new place on my list!

On a food-related note, I wanted to try Starbucks' new hojicha with earl grey tea jelly frap this afternoon... but was horrified to find out that a TALL cost S$6.80, almost twice the price of normal bubble teas... The stingy me refused to pay an exorbitant 7 bucks for some ice tea and jelly; and walked away "empty-handed". Maybe someone nice can let me have a sip some time (if it's nice) :P

No comments: