Saturday, September 15, 2012

The volunteer stint begins...

So today D and I parted in the morning - him back to sg n me to the guesthouse where I'd spend the next 2 weeks.. I didn't quite expect myself to cry but it was a slightly teary farewell as the thought of being alone in an unfamiliar foreign place suddenly hit me.. We've been having a great time on the trip, and the hard n challenging part is now starting!

The last day was luxuriously spent (without having to burn too deep a hole in our pockets) on a hill resort with great view but today my accommodation is suddenly a lot more humble ;P All of sudden I am also merely spending say 2 US dollars for dinner at more local places instead of like 10-15 US in a more touristy part of town - i have yet to come to any conclusion which is better.. thankfully despite the more spartan accommo, the shower, fans, lights n all are working fine n I am still feeling alright :P it just feels like my room is what a simple hotel room may have looked like in the 80s?

"Teaching" (having no teaching experience my role will be more of assisting or co-teaching it seems) will start next Monday - hopefully everything will be fine!

Hot tea n cookies served at the pool! 

No more nice room, n bought some Oreo cookies myself for room stash... 

No comments: