Monday, March 11, 2013

I suddenly find myself thrown into baking boot camp! Class overran today (10am to 8pm instead of ending at the official 6pm) and my afternoon after lunch was spent non-stop making cakes. It feels somewhat overwhelming but i suppose it gives me a realistic picture of a baker's life! I am pretty exhausted just after one day and wonder if I will remain so passionate about baking after this :P

Below: My Mickey Mouse and Hello Kitty cake "orders" as part of the day's imaginary cake "orders"- the cartoons are made from scratch (piped using pre-printed stencils as reference) using milk/ white chocolate

2 comments:

Mr&Mrs said...

Wow, what do you do with all those cakes made for practice??

Mints. said...

Well, it depends. if it's all-natural I try to eat them myself or give them away. If it has chemicals or stuff I don't want to eat, I have no choice but to dump them... (eg these 2 cartoon cakes were creamed with non-dairy whipped cream, which tastes artificial so I had to toss them after tasting some) it's painful dumping them but I don't know what else to do with them :(

I believe l will likely produce a minimum of 2 cakes everyday for the next 2.5 weeks. Feel free to let me know if you would like some heh.