Saturday, May 10, 2003

the little prince.
when i first read it, i was really mesmerized and drawn by the simplicity of the children's book... but yet in the simplicity lay impt life lessons that we often overlook. i especially like the part when the little prince meets the fox.

"Precisely," said the fox. "to me, you are still only a small boy, just like a hundred thousand other small boys. And I have no need of you. And you in turn have no need of me. To you, I'm just a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you shall be unique in the world. To you, I shall be unique in the world."

This statement embodies the beauty of friendship. how true, that we are special to one another precisely because of the experiences we share, how friendship grows in the process of interaction. i never fail to be attracted by the truth of this statement whenever i re-read this book. there are so many other beautiful sentences and instances in the little prince.... i totally love the book. some ppl dun understand why this book is so popular... but sometimes i guess we as readers hav to think more about what the author is trying to say... or maybe in other instances they way we interpret the sentences make them mean a lot to us.

No comments: