Thursday, July 03, 2003

went to ping chien's new place for dinner just now and her wonderful cooking really put me to shame. i doubt i even have 1/10 the standard of her cooking! there was tasty shitake mushroom, savory steamed catfish, chicken curry, xiao bai cai and all the dishes were cooked by her!! after dinner we carried on with our usual dessert with ice cream.. extremely sinful.. with the choco cake that shiying and i baked at her place yesterday.... i have accumulated a sizeable stock of junk food and sweet stuff at home.. i am the proud owner of 5 pints of ice cream all unfinished... bens and jerrys, haagen daaz and godiva... have 2 packets of white choc mac nut cookies at home... one whole box of hello panda..... and going to get really fat =P i shall resolve not to buy any more ice cream for the next month or so... and try to slowly deplete my stock at home...=) am now trying to read my development econs textbook but then i am so sleepy i think i'll give up. slept at 2 something trying to finish my excel hw and woke up at six something =( i am fast falling behind all my classes.. with unfinished readings everyday.. econ c171 has esp many readings... and two hws due every week, one excel one and one policy brief...

am somewhat amused cos was talking to one classmate in my section and she said she thought i was korean. then jing always says if i wear contacts i look really korean.. haha maybe my great great grandparents had korean blood... hmm ok talking rubbish. but it's strange, cos my mum also used to tell me how people always thought she was japanese or something, when she was young... maybe it's cos i have small eyes and single eye lids... =P

No comments: