Wednesday, July 02, 2003

yay!!! i passed my driving test!! =) it was quite unexpected though, cos i have always thought myself a somewhat lousy driver... but i guess after about an hour or so of practice by my housemate driving instructor i improved a lot more and i guess i was lucky just now too... so i passed!! yay. now i can drive around legally... but sadly i dun have a car though. well.... now i am slightly tempted to get a car... but i doubt my parents would allow it... also experienced first hand the frankness of Americans full blown... the somewhat forgetful and blur me forgot to change my address on my temporary driving licence.. i left it as the dorm add so i went back to the el cerrito DMV office to change it and the lady was really pissed and irritated with me and said 'why are u guys so irritating' straight in my face... then she trotted off to her colleague to complain, who suggested, "why dun we slap her" or "put water in her hair" right in front of me... though after a year i am already used to Americans saying whatever they want to, this experience was somewhat 'demeaning' and i felt like i was really terrible and irresponsible. oh well.. maybe they are too stressed by the never ending long lines at the DMV office.. and i guess i was in the wrong.. so...
was pretty happy so went to Albertsons and bought more ice cream (mac brittle was 2.50!) and lotsa food.. and stuff for making sandwiches.. shall try to make many sandwiches for lunch next week or for the rest of this week, instead of cooking all the time. it's cheap and pretty convenient i think.
still haven't figured out my econ c171 homework due tmr morning!! aargh.. prob hav to stay up tonight again to work on it.....
but so happy i passed my driving test!! =) and really appreciate those who wished me good luck and jun who gave me advice telling me to appear confident and all.. =P

No comments: