Saturday, September 11, 2004

the sad tale of my dou sha baos

failed miserably while trying to microwave a dou sha bao for breakfast in midst of studying for my jap quiz... being too lazy to steam my red bean buns (which i used to, last sem..) i decided to follow the instructions at the back of the package which merely said put the bun into the microwave for 2 min... and so i did.... but to my horror after 5 min when i re-entered the kitchen i was greeted by this burning smell and a light brown red bean bun in the microwave oven... ok. so had to throw away the poor thing. 2nd attempt. this time i re-read the instructions... then realized hmm ok must put in microwavable container.. then i rembed my mum always puts a cup of water when she tries to microwave buns.. and so i did. sadly this time round even though the bun didn't turn brown... it was rock hard and upon breaking it open instead of the nice steaming dou sha that i usually get i got some funny powdery looking red bean 'paste'.. hmm oh well. so then decided to give up. no dou sha baos for me =(

anyway i'm somewhat happy today! things that have been bothering me for the past few weeks or so seemed to have worked out fine... and i think if i keep such an optimistic outlook i should be fine... no more depression like last sem! =) my procrastinating and chatting online still hasn't changed though. but not that that's harmful to me haha... just perhaps detrimental to my grades... which... i am still not that worried about at this moment since it's only the 2nd week of sch ;) but it's irritating i still hav my registration block... that i hav to write all my statements of purpose and get recommendation letters for my applications in the next few weeks.....

No comments: