Monday, May 09, 2005

house hunting
in the past 3 days i've looked at 7 places, mostly studios and two rooms in proper houses... from studios tucked away up in the hills to cute rooms with loft spaces in existing households... somehow i think the more i look at studios the more i think that i shoudn't live alone... cos 1) I prob won't have many friends over since i don't have many to begin with and i can totally foresee myself all cooped up in my own studio stuck online all the time or something... and yet i think i don't want to be all cosy and live with people I am very close to. i am not sure why too... I felt really tempted to take up the cute $600 room with the loft space I saw yesterday but driving up and down the hills really isn't that appealing i guess. plus mum is ok, but not very comfortable with the random 40 yr old guy housemate. today someone whom i emailed perhaps two weeks ago emailed me back and asked if i would like to see their room... and now i think I am going to take up their room... in a house with this couple and their cute 4-yr-old son (i'm not taking it up just cos the kid is cute, nor cos the room is super nice or anything) but i dunno... i feel like they will be a good influence for me, and I feel like it might be a good 'cultural experience', living with an American family... it's a nice neighborhood, room is decent and though the rent is a little ex and it's not that close to school, there's something that draws me to that place... and the move-in day is flexible and just right... now i shall await her reply and i guess i'll know in a day if my housing search will thus end... =)

No comments: