Sunday, June 05, 2005

i finally sat down to do my overdue readings today and while reading through the first few chapters of Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations, i was just very pleasantly surprised... things that you learn in JC, that came in a very 'processed' form- in the form of JC notes or textbooks was suddenly presented to me in its raw form... i mean when i first started taking Econ, i knew who Adam Smith was... but i guess it wasn't till this week that i finally sat down to read about his ideas... and it's just so amazing how some thinker centuries ago sets down all these fundamental ideas for modern economics...
in the spirit of cheapo-ness, i scouted around for parking meters with remaining minutes... and while hopping around from meter to meter, i guess this lady driver slotting coins into her meter knew what i was looking for and informed me that the lot that she pulled out from earlier had a failed meter.... highly embarrassed but secretly delighted i immediately pulled out and drove to my new lot... and from today onwards i formally begin my whole semester or even year of perfecting my unhoned 'look-for-failed-meters' skills...

No comments: