Saturday, June 11, 2005

Rod of Asclepius
baffled by the snake and pole (it's actually a staff) on the WHO logo while researching for my art that day, i finally looked it up on Wikipedia and apparently it's an ancient Greek symbol associated with medicine. Without knowing the story behind this, i guess most ppl, like me, would associate the serpent with something bad...the shedding of its skin as a symbol of rebirth and fertility didn't even come to mind...
i got my first parking citation today!! aargh. cos i forgot all about street sweeping and forgot to move my car to the opposite side of the road... =( my PEIS instructor is really quite brilliant.... but the GSI for this class, in contrast, is really quite disappointing.... can compete with my pretty boy PEIS 101 GSI already.

No comments: