Tuesday, July 05, 2005

the view at the peak of Mount Tamalpais was simply breathtaking... and from high up above all the cities seemed so insignificant compared to the vast expanse of mountains, trees and rocks...and human beings are but little specks seen along the mountain trails... and so on day 2 of the "shimin-explores-the-bay-area" long weekend I continued to be mesmerized by the beauty of my natural surroundings. then in the evening, after accepting an invitation from my housemates to go watch the July 4th fireworks at Berkeley Marina, i found myself sitting on the rocks by the waters watching a slightly foggy sunset with cold wind blowing in my face... i am really really struck by how beautiful these places close by can be. and really quite horrified by how i have never bothered to really explore any of them. i now have in mind destinations i want to visit/ visit again in fall before term starts... =)

No comments: