Thursday, October 19, 2006

dad has been delegated the official responsibility of managing household in mum's absence... and though i cannot say that he hasn't been trying, performance is a certainly a far cry from mum's usual standards... i really have to give mum credit for managing household so well; and sometimes even though it appears to have been effortless, i'm sure it is and has been tiring... though having to work all day makes me extremely lazy when it comes to household chores, i finally decided to do my part after watching clothes and towels being folded the "wrong way"... haha... i am really not some fastidious neat freak, but seeing clothes and towels folded in an 'unorderly' way made me feel so unbearable and thus i decided to break out of laziness.... and i really can't say that it's a girl thing, cos I have definitely witnessed guys who are super neat/clean... who put me to shame :P but my dad's certainly not one of them. esp not after discovering in one of his clean trousers pockets a crumpled ball of soiled handkerchief.... was very very grossed out.

2 comments:

Leann said...

taking care of a family and cleaning are a full time job.I raised two girls alone and had to be mom and dad to them.it wasn,t easy.but I loved every minute.Dads don,t know how to be mom,s they try real hard but they just aren,t able.they are just made diffrent.althow I have seen men who do make better mom,s then some woman.one stay at home dad could cook better then any woman I know.and he was a clean freak in house keeping.he would have drove me up a wall.he was alittle too clean for me.any child is blessed to still have their family together by the time they get to their 20,s.things now days are hard on marriages.have a good day mints and God bless you and your family.my husband and I are going to start our art work soon.he paints and I do pencel and water color and color pencel pic,s.have worked with pen and ink and pastels and alot of other things.I make dough roses to have done alot of crafts.I dry flowers and take pic,s as part of my hobbies.have a good day.if you push on my name you will see my blog.there are alot of pic,s on my blog.your weclome on my blog any time.

Mints. said...

Thanks for sharing :)i also do think that marriages require quite a lot of effort to maintain... cool that both you and your husband do art! I used to paint when i was in Secondary sch (like high sch) but i've been neglecting painting/drawing recently... perhaps i can pick it up again some time in the future :)