Monday, October 16, 2006

mum has zipped off to Xiamen on a mini getaway with a friend and though it's just been a day, things feel amiss at home. no warm hand to pull the sleepy me out of bed/shake me awake in the morning; no warm beverage awaiting me on the dining table in the morning; no one to wave me goodbye upon leaving the apartment for work... haha i totally sound like a big baby right and feels strange since i didn't have any of this all these years overseas... i mean perhaps it's when you know you ought be having something that you don't that it feels particularly funny. (ie. since i'm at home in Sg, by right mum should be here too) sometimes you miss things and people more than you think you'll do...

2 comments:

Leann said...

hi mints,yes it can get lonesome when your family is gone.I have two daughter who are married,they each have two kids.the one daughter ran off with another man and left her family to pick up the pieces.so now we don,t see my drandaughters as often as I would like.and my daughter is mad at me for not agreeing with what she did.so she don,t talk to me.its hard to see some one rip a family apart and think its ok to do it.and that everyone is suppose to just over look it.I just pray for the Lord to work it out.people don,t know what its like to have their family ripped apart and not have their loved ones around.my family was ripped apart when I was a kid to.my Dad ran out on my mom with my mom,s friend.I was 14 when we had to move to a town 20 miles away from the only home I ever knew.but thank the Lord we made it and he helped us.it was my little brother and mom and me.life can be hard some times.but the Lord meets our needs.its good to see you miss your mom.have a good day mints God bless you and keep you safe.thanks for not letting my age be a problem.its nice to know we have some things in common.what crafts do you do?

Mints. said...

i used to do various things like beading, glass painting and making frienships bands etc... but not anymore though.:P