Thursday, March 15, 2007

the nasty episode of painful swallowing is finally over! my throat is nearly as good as before today :) didn't expect such a speedy recovery, but it was really sudden sickness, sudden recovery. when i started getting better, I realized that I appreciated being able to swallow painlessly and unawkwardly a lot more... hai. perhaps it's a tiny lesson to punish me for my snacking-on-dry-heaty-stuff habits. Speedy recovery was also in part due to late night consultation at Changi Hospital on sunday night. the unprecedented painful condition got my paranoid dad quite worried and he insisted on taking me to the A & E dept to do some check. (well, so i contributed to that pool of non-urgent cases that the A & E dept receives yearly) Expectedly, non-urgent cases were also not tended to immediately, so ended up waiting at the hospital till close to midnight... nonetheless saw the doc, who confirmed that it's prob not tonsilitis... he also gave me a much stronger antibiotic... which worked wonders! two lil thoughts on incident -- 1) it's a blessing to have such loving (albeit ultra-paranoid) parents 2) ENT stands for Ear, Nose and Throat (dept?) hehe. feel relieved that I didn't need to have funny tubes stuck down my nose/throat etc.

No comments: