Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The world of bentos

That is the topic for today but first I will recall an interesting incident at work. I once mentioned female colleagues and their LV bags. This afternoon, my opposite neighbor (the leading LV fan too) lost one of the diamonds on her diamond bracelet. The loss of this tiny diamond (among many others) was first spotted by another colleague who went to discuss something with her... it then sparked a tiny commotion with a couple of us starting to look on the carpeted floor for something tiny and sparkly. Alas, the missing diamond was nowhere to be found. Someone joked that if finders become keepers we would all be hunting for that lost diamond somewhere in HDB... Unfortunately we were unable to recover this precious stone and colleague went home early upset over the fallen diamond. sigh, I hope she finds it! apparently one costs $200 to replace. dunno how many she has on that bracelet...

Now into main topic proper. After a year-long hiatus from Japanese dramas, I recently grew tempted again and bought a new series called Kazoku, or Family. In short, it's about a young father who tries very hard to bring up his son after his wife walked out of their lives. The story's been quite heartwarming so far, and the bento box kept turning up in the last 2 episodes. I suppose it's a well-known fact that Japanese children get cute specially-made bento boxes from their mothers... and the kindergarten scenes also did show some REALLY cute bento cuisine! such as octopus sausages, rice balls with faces and all...! I would certainly try my hand at making these if I still cook. but i don't anymore :P Nonetheless, looked up pictures of such bentos here.... so kawaii!!! I like the one with good hanamaru (the white seal) holding a flower.... lucky children!

No comments: