Saturday, July 14, 2007

A busy 6 months ahead

There goes my planned holiday in Sept. This was a logical conclusion reached after reading an email at work on Friday. Was somewhat upset that my much-looked-forward-to, still imaginary holiday in Japan has been prematurely murdered :( Briefly moaned to a colleague at work, who found it amusing that I was not upset with the additional work I had to do, but rather at the thought of not being able to go on my holiday. Should I then plan for an alternative destination somewhere closer in Aug??? :P

Have also been nominated by fellow project team members as the 'Team Leader' for my project team (comprising 6 HDB staff from diff depts, working tog on a topic Management is interested in for period of 6 months) Cos members were like... you're scholar ah, sure can one... Am not so sure whether i'm that kind of "sure-can" scholar; but I suppose i'd rather take on the responsibility than to have no one fill the vacuum. However, i) I am the youngest and most inexperienced member in the team and ii) I'm quite clueless and directionless with my own topic now, so am dealing with a mild crisis as to how to actually lead team to do a good job with our topic... Perhaps ppl who know me better are also wondering how come I this kind also chosen to become leader haha. Actually I am asking this question myself, but rather than overwhelming myself with such self-deprecating thoughts again, I'm more curious as to how to really do my TL job well... I figured it might be a slightly head-achey but good challenge to be dealing with :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believing that you can do a good job is already half the battle won. I'm sure you'll do a brilliant job! :-)

Mints. said...

Hmm you're very optimistic...:P