Monday, July 09, 2007

It finally happened!

Ask any female colleague of mine and they will tell you that the unevenly tiled ground around Toa Payoh (esp at the coffeeshop areas) is a minefield for ladies' heels. My high heel finally got stuck in one of the MANY ground crevices at Toa Payoh.... so stuck that the whole slipper came off in the middle of the bus interchange. (This isn't the most hazard-prone zone though) Anyway, it was funny rather than embarrassing, cos there it was, my brand new pretty slipper firmly stuck to the ground...the little flowers adorning the sides looking sweetly out of place. Good thing it wasn't crowded though- I immediately scooted down, half bare-footed, to yank the heel out of the narrow gap btwn floor tiles... and luckily it came off quite easily ;) Ok lah, was unglam for 5 seconds. This has been an adventurous day for my new white slippers. This morning, upon stepping out of my Dad's car, I unwisely decided to take a short cut through some undried muddy ground and got some wet sand on the sides of my slipper, immediately staining it... good thing my attempt to wash away the dirt later in office salvaged most of the 'damage'... Today was also one of those days I decided to be more lady-like and wear a dress... but alas! I still can't prance around very naturally like those well-seasoned ladies who somehow manage to perform daily acrobatic acts of stilettoing. Oh well, I should be at least consoled that my feet only occasionally go through the pain and stress many other ladies put their feet through :)

No comments: