Saturday, September 15, 2007

I frequently wonder if I'm the only weirdo who feels that friends disappear into thin air once everyone starts work. I guess I dun mean it literally, but just that everyone just seems so caught up with work, with their own lives that they dun seem to bother to meet up that much anymore. Today over lunch I raised this to a friend and he too concurred. And this is just the beginning.... wait till ppl start getting married and such. At times I can't help feeling that I'm the only one who seriously bothers. Why dun some ppl care anymore? Am I the only sentimental soul who remembers all the moments shared with each and every special friend I've made? Or am I the only soul who hasn't got her priorities right-- who instead of focusing and working hard towards carving out a decent career for myself gets overly emotional from time to time? Very ironically, though meeting up with old friends make me happy; it also reminds me how times have changed; how certain really fond memories can never be relived and we just have to accept that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey min, even though i'm busy i do care about how you're doing and drop by your site regularly to see that you're doing fine. so even if you don't regularly hear from me, know that i do care and treasure the friendship. :-) kit

Mints. said...

Kit...! I haven't heard from you in such a long time... drop me an email some day :)Alternatively, you can give me your email...
Thanks for the concern :) I guess I was just reflecting a bit and had a mini quarter-life crisis yesterday night... but i'm ok :). Figured that things will keep changing and just have to adapt to diff stages in life.

Anonymous said...

it's like what a close friend here said to me. he felt sad that the older we get, the more the people around us seem to scatter far away. i think that life is like that. the important thing is knowing which friends regardless of distance will always be there for you when you need them and with whom the catching up is always natural. you know both my email addies min! you can drop me a line on my yahoo add. i think i tried emailing your moonfli account but it didnt get through a few months back. kit

Mints. said...

Hmmm actually I don't think life is so fatalistic... that as you get older friends necessarily scatter. I mean, if friends really matter to you you'd try hard to keep in touch etc right? The thing is even if you try hard enough, guess for some friends there comes a point where you feel that it's no longer worthwhile trying so hard anymore. And that's when you finally give up on the friendship.