Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Importance of Living

It's been weeks since I really stepped into a bookstore to browse books. And this afternoon, a copy of Lin Yutang's "The Importance of Living"(apparently a 1937 classic) in Kino caught my eye. Didn't have time to really look at contents in details; but did eyeball some interesting chapters such as the imptance of loafing etc. I didn't buy it 'cos was stingy and wanted to see if there were any discounts online... but then again, I might just go back and get it one of these days; cos sometimes certain titles just jump out at me and I'll feel an urge to get/own it. It's also an uncanny but timely reminder for myself... the importance of living and embracing all the other wonderful things I can possibly do with my life (and not slogging, not working most of the time :P) before I sink further into the routine, monotonous working life...

No comments: