Sunday, July 13, 2008

I had a productive Saturday... On Sat morning I decided to act on a whim and taxied to ComfortDelGro Driving Centre to enrol for the refresher driving course, after finding out via the phone that practical lessons were fully booked till late Aug! But very unfortunately I made a wasted trip 'cos by the time someone attended to me at the counter, only two peak-hr slots were available for rest of July and Aug. So mafan, they should allow ppl to enrol and book classes online. Oh well, so i suppose the earliest I'll be hitting the roads would be in Sept... Come to think of it, it wouldn't be of much use learning how to drive and not knowing my way around in sg AT ALL. Will only know how to drive to like MRT station; or maybe Pasir Ris to HDB Hub... haha. Need to stop being a passive passenger. And will KIV someone's idea to rent car to drive around at night when there's no one..... :P

I also did some unintended hiking on a scorching Sat afternoon and arrived at my destination in pretty dismal flustered state. Was supposed to meet someone at 2902 Gallery at Mount Sophia and stupid me didn't internalise directions properly before setting off... thinking that I wouldn't get lost... Well I didn't get lost, but walked a lot of 冤枉路 circling past Paradiz/Peace Centre and following windy road quite a bit up the mountain (instead of taking flight of stairs that led directly to destination) before finally chancing upon Old School at Mount Sophia. Had no idea that it was like a new creative hub until I googled it after my mini outing... And the compound is supposedly a refurbished MGS... The location was pretty cool, peacefully tucked away up on tiny hill yet overlooking city. Now I know the shortcut up there, can get ppl to go watch movies with me at Sinema one day ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I know exactly how you feel about Mount Sophia. Did a fair bit of aimless wandering getting all hot and irritated myself before I finally gave up and called the Sinema people for directions...

- J

Mints. said...

Halfway thru I wanted to call too-- only that I misplaced the contact person's hp no. So no choice, had to continue my trek. :P Hey you can watch movies with me at Sinema when you're back!