Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Stiff necked

This morning I woke up with a most unexpected stiff neck. I really dun recall the last time I got a stiff neck, dunno what I did last night to deserve this :( Anyway, it was an uncanny coincidence, cos my DD apparently took MC on Monday for a stiff neck. Then, I was just thinking stiff neck also need MC one meh? Next time I had better think twice before thinking not so good thoughts about other ppl :P Ok lah, I am not so superstitious/irrational as to attribute my own stiff neck to frivolous reasons like this; but yeah, what a coincidence. I also realised having a stiff neck is so inconvenient (haha, surprise surprise!), in addition to being painful when you try to turn the way that's achey... Like, even when you see a friend/colleague from the left corner of your eye, you can't really like turn to say hi or smile! Surprisingly (this time for real) I found out that the stiff neck condition wasn't all that uncommon... Opposite neighbour shared that her husband frequently suffered from stiff neck and that his was stress-induced. Lhp had her cute conjecture that likelihood of stiff necks increased with age and her husband also suffered from this from time to time (wah, bad news for me if so... signs of ageing...?!) Somehow their anecdotes made me feel less unfortunate about my own stiff neck. It's always nice to know that there are ppl to commiserate with, even though it's merely deceptive wishful thinking/imagination on my part.

No comments: