Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Dad turns 60

There's always some ppl in life you take for granted and for me, one of them is Dad... Much as his paranoid-ness and over-protective instincts irks me sometimes, I have to concede that prob no one else in the world would ever be so nice to me.

For a super-paranoid person like him, turning 60 is quite a huge thing. So to celebrate the occasion, I went with him to get the big birthday prez last last Fri... and we celebrated his Chinese birthday today... with a healthy yogurt frost cake :P He likes to chant that he prob wun live past 60 something, but contrary to his own ridiculous conjectures, I secretly think that anyone as health-conscious as him can prob live to a ripe old age. I hope deep down in my heart that he will too.




And there's Dad trying to act cute. In fact I secretly think he can be damn cute and quirky at times... though I just act disgusted and nonchalant. Recently when commuting tog in car I complained why he can never freely let me do whatever I liked.. Always restrict me here and there and get unnecessarily worried. To which he answered, I would never be able to understand how painful and devastating if at his age anything terrible were to happen to me... Somehow it left my heart half broken and doused my wanderlust quite a bit. I suppose I will still explore since that's what I love, but will bear in mind to be safe.

No comments: