Sunday, November 30, 2008

My lovely baby... :)

D.O.B: 29 Nov 2008
Weight: 11.5 kg
Dimension: 24"

And so I finally decided to get it. The 24" iMac -- at the Sitex show yesterday afternoon. And somehow the earlier dilemma got resolved as soon as I saw how different my own photos looked on the 13 inch macbook and the 24 inch iMac... Though my sis was rather baffled why her crazy sis wanted such a huge monitor for.... Then again, after we brought it home (sadly had to drag my nice white box on Expo floor all the way to taxi stand hehe) and tried setting it up, she too got very excited and insisted on inserting her face into my very first profile pic when we were prompted by the webcam to take one.

This being my very first Apple product, I was pretty impressed by how minimalist (yet everything u need to know is there) and prettily packaged the whole package was. And there was REALLY but one cable I needed to deal with. Which goes thru this beautiful hole in the aluminium supporting structure and perfectly into another smaller circular hole at the back of the iMac. (Seriously, who thinks abt creating this hole in middle of your aluminium stand such that your cable looks nice and central when plugged into the comp...!) That the power button was so nicely integrated and hidden at the back of the iMac also made me really impressed (though I was stressed for some 10 seconds prior to that cos I couldn't locate it at all :P) These people at Apple are just great at creating functional yet tasteful designs that simplify our very complicated lives! That's how great design should be.... Simplify and not complicate; beautify and not clutter...

And so to my new and not-so-little baby-- It's gonna be a BROKE BROKE December for me... and though I have only prob uncovered 10% of how cool you are, deep down I think you are worth it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The iMac 24" super duper rocks!!

Now I am super duper envious...

Mints. said...

Hee no need to be super duper envious; I'll be sure to post updates about my cool discoveries such that you can live vicariously thru me... :P