Saturday, October 09, 2010

After visiting the Blue Mountains in Australia, a couple of friends whom I met up with recently asked me if they sell Blue Mountain coffee there... The ignorant me was like... erm, got meh? It was only after attending a Barista Workshop this morning that I realised there's also another Blue Mountains range in Jamaica, and that the famous Blue Mountain coffee actually comes from there. So suaku... heh. I also realised today that coffee beans are extracted from bright red coffee berries... and goes thru pretty extensive processing, roasting etc before they are ready to be used for making coffee beverages... There's so much history and 学问 behind coffee it's amazing. Actually I think it's the same for many other types of foods/ drinks; just that we busy creatures are often too pre-occupied with our seemingly impt work to set aside time to learn about these cool facts...

Tonight I go to bed with a semi-blocked nose... :(

No comments: