Monday, July 25, 2011

I suddenly need to be very well informed and well read and it feels somewhat intimidating and exciting at the same time. Exciting because I will hopefully grow much less ignorant in the next yr or so but intimidating cos I am expected to know so much more about everything (trends, current affairs, econs etc), Have unfortunately been suffering from partial brain-rot the past few years :( Perhaps I now need to set aside one hour or so everyday to read newspapers, newsmags etc but doubt I'd have the discipline and willpower to last for more than 1 week ha. Well I will try lah, though I know I'd never get very good at doing these things... At end of day, they are just not 'my element'...

Today I asked my MIA neighbour (who's no longer MIA) a random qn about his namecard - whether he had any preference for the Chinese translation of his designation.. cos these chapalang stuff just got sent to me since I'm the lowest life form in my tiny office of 3. NMIA neighbour (in his late 50s I think) walked over and told me that it didn't matter to him since he didn't know any Mandarin (he learnt Malay in sch instead). The reason? Cos the Chinese teachers in sch then were really fierce; whereas the Malay teachers were much nicer and gentler...

No comments: