Saturday, July 30, 2011

Invisible enemies

My stuff fell prey to some creepy floaty neighbours TWICE this week at my workstation! Ok, I am not talking about the real creepy supernatural beings (though I also hope they are not lurking around) but an enemy by the name of.. MOLD. I thought my office was freezing enough to keep such thingies away, but I was very wrong. Earlier this week, I happily bought a box of blueberries and strawberries from the entrepreneurial fruit-stall uncle (who has a stall at the basement food court, but now regularly pushes a cart to various floors to hawk his goods at lift lobby). I then left them out in the open since we didn't have any fridge in office. But I discovered with horror yesterday some white furry stuff on my remaining half-box of strawberries... so had to throw them away. Guess the freezing temp was not freezing enough to keep these hardy fungi away :( Err... a tuperware that I used to bring some fruits to office also kenahed cos I forgot to wash it and left it out for maybe 2 days :(

No comments: